HR-Consulting Srl on behalf of its client, international media company, is looking for a highly professional candidate to fulfill the position of:
- You prepare content to be published. You share responsibility for posting clean and compelling content to the website, esp. with an eye to use on mobile devices, and to other platforms like social media and newsletters.
- You manage content and copy flow in coordination with other editors. You conduct quality tests on content pre- and post-publish, fix errors in published content, and test new site changes and features.
- You will work with RFE/RL’s Digital Strategy team to actively share experiences of your team’s work with the entire organization and adapt accounts, processes and output to align with central guidelines and common standards.
- You take a proactive role in editorial meetings, keeping up with the news and pitching compelling story ideas.
- You manage and assign tasks to members of the digital team and put together schedules for content and shifts.
- If requested, you take on writing, editing, and production assignments.
- If assigned to lead a team, you will support the growth, goal setting, professional development, and performance of staff.
- You perform related work as assigned.
- Bachelor’s degree in journalism, or related field or the equivalent in experience is preferred.
- 4+ years of experience in digital journalism in news organization,
- Extensive experience in project management,
- Extensive experience in publishing projects across platforms,
- Experience in effectively supervising others,
- Experience in positions of increasing responsibility,
- Strong reporting and editing background.
- Strong news judgment,
- Team-based work ethic,
- Understanding of digital success metrics,
- Familiarity with social media storytelling and search engine optimization,
- Ability to deliver fast, accurate and compelling copy and visual production,
- Ability to multitask and prioritize with little supervision under tight deadlines,
- Adapts to and works effectively within a variety of situations, and with various individuals or groups. Flexibility entails understanding and appreciating different and opposing perspectives on an issue, adapting one’s approach as the requirements of a situation change, and changing or easily accepting changes in one’ s own organization or job requirements,
- Ability to work various shifts, as assigned and on short notice,
- Expected to work weekends and work from home, as and when required,
- Broad knowledge of political, economic, and social situations and international affairs acquired through studies, research, writing, travel, or other relevant experience or exposure,
- Familiarity with html and video editing are a plus.
- Romanian – fluent,
- Russian – fluent (speaking and writing),
- English – written and spoken working knowledge.