HR-Consulting Srl on behalf of its client - "Radio Free Europe/Radio Liberty (RFE/RL) is an international news organization" is looking for a highly professional candidate to fulfill the position of News and Feature Writer.
The News and Feature Writer reports and creates original news-focused and feature content, primarily for digital platforms, under the supervision of an editor. Active pitching of original angles and story ideas, excellent story-telling and interviewing skills, and an ability to work closely with an editor at all times is required. Experience in field reporting and a demonstrated ability to quickly switch gears between breaking news reporting and longer feature assignments is a must.
- Under the supervision and guidance of an editor, pitches, reports, and prepares original news and feature content, primarily for web and social media platforms, as well as television and audio platforms, as assigned.
- Having a keen eye for what makes a good journalistic story, uses his/her excellent interviewing and story-telling skills in his/her daily work and takes part in conducting journalistic investigations, alone or as part of a team.
- Creates content for web and social media platforms and learns new skills as these platforms constantly evolve.
- Works closely and collaboratively with his/her assigned supervisory editor(s) at each stage of story development, from inception to the final product.
- Works both as a field correspondent and from the bureau, either individually or as part of a team, on short-term news assignments and longer-term features.
- Cultivates at least one specialty beat and maintain and develop his/her own original sources.
- Works quickly, accurately, and collaboratively under deadline pressure.
- Always adheres to RFE/RL editorial standards.
- Contributes to maintaining a positive working environment. Proactively provides support within and outside his/her own team.Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Combination of education and experience,
- Journalism or related field – bachelor degree.
- Experience as a journalist, minimum 5 years,
- Strong reporting and editing background,
- Broad, thorough and detailed knowledge of political, economic, and social situations in the operating area as well as international affairs,
- Previous experience working in a multicultural or a multinational environment is preferred.
- Understanding of what makes a good journalistic story,
- Excellent interviewing and story-telling skills,
- Knowledge of at least one specialty beat,
- Experience in conducting journalistic investigations, i.e. in deeply investigating a single topic of interest, such as serious crimes, political corruption, or corporate wrongdoing, alone or as part of a team,
- Experience in creating content for web and social media platforms,
- Willingness to continuously learn new skills for social media platforms,
- Digital journalism skills, such as editing audio and video, posting video and live streaming on social media platforms, search engine optimization, content boosting, and other modern digital journalism techniques,
- Demonstrated ability to work quickly, accurately, and collaboratively under deadline pressure,
- Understanding RFE/RL mission and broadcast target area.
- Romanian – fluent,
- Russian – proficient,
- English – written and spoken working knowledge.