HR-Consulting on behalf of its client The International Committee of the Red Cross in Moldova is seeking for its operational needs a candidate for the vacancy of:
Advice & support to hierarchy for all financial issues:
- Understands and adheres to the seven Fundamental Principles of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Understands and adheres to the ICRC Code of Conduct
- Understands the roles of the components of the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement
- Respects and observes staff regulations and security rules at all times
- Represents the ICRC in a professional manner at all times
- Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and line managers
- Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and the ICRC
- May be asked to perform tasks not covered in this job description and to provide support to other departments when necessary
Advice & support to hierarchy for all financial issues:
- Monitors the evolution of the finance regulations specific to the context and advises supervisor and administration team accordingly.
- Translates all kind of documents related to his/her field of work (finance, bank, accounting, etc.) from English to National language and reverse, when necessary.
- Writes reports & analysis when needed.
- In charge for the direct recording of the structure’s accounting entries.
- Checks the supporting documents against all invoices and Ensures accuracy and completeness of accounting transactions in accordance with financial procedures.
- Explains and ensures respect of financial procedures and guidelines by the finance team and all staffs (correct bookkeeping, Delegation’s answers, AoE implementation, SR, contracts, authorization, etc.).
- Participate in the financial briefing to new staff members of the Structure.
- Monitors the accounting receipts and checks potential fraud. In case of suspected fraud, discreetly advises the hierarchy.
- Ensures the finance files are up-to-date and organized (outstanding working advances, cash statements, salary advances etc.).
- Executes the monthly/annual closing according to procedures, mainly independently and performs the quality check before closing.
- Prepares or organizes all necessary documents for the closing operation (specimen of signatures, treasury situation, TFT papers, monthly local staff recapitulation, monthly list of daily workers, etc.). Is responsible for the completeness and compiling of accounting documents before sending them.
- Follows up on RES_CTM comments, collects information and submits reply to Supervisor for review and validation.
- Prepares and follow-ups of the yearly accrual files.
- Is the DTP focal point of the Delegation.
- Liaises with the ICRC banks representatives regarding various banking issues.
- Under the supervision of the Finance & Administration Manager, prepares the weekly/monthly fund requests for the structure after consolidating the financial needs of the departments.
- Follows-up payment requests sent to the Finance Department.
- Prepares the orders and executes bank transfers/payments.
- Monitors the bank charges.
- Prepares the bank correspondence in due time as well as the requests for the change of bank signatories.
- Establishes bank reconciliation with accounting application.
- Supports the cashier and monitors the daily follow-up with him/her (cash count, pending WAD, etc.).
- Applies ICRC procedures for eventual cash discrepancies.
- Ensures the exchange of currencies at the best possible conditions.
- Prepares and processes payment vouchers in line with the ICRC rules on financial management (RFM), procedures and regulations. This entails:
- Receiving supplier invoices, recording them into the accounting system (pre-logging) and dispatching them to the respective departments for approval.
- Receiving invoices from various departments and translates them into English when necessary.
- Ensuring that all invoices are accurate, complete and registered/logged into the accounting system, and duly approved for payment by the authorized signatories as per the ICRC RFM.
- Ensuring that all the necessary documents are attached to the invoices/uploaded in paperless profile (i.e. PO's, SP’s, SR’s, DN's, Contracts, Quotations, travel validation, etc.).
- Checking that the accounting stickers have correct and accurate details indicated
- Ensures timely payment of invoices within the internal/contractual timeframe.
- Respects the logging/matching process for supply and non-supply chain invoices in the accounting system.
- Prints the accounting vouchers/batches, after posting has been done in the accounting system.
- Sorts the different batches documents for dispatch to RES_CTM.
- Proceeds with the suppliers registration (check the supporting document and recorded in IRIS)
- Prepares the monthly LARC Files and Investigate differences and send the reconciliation file 1st week of the month to the finance responsible according to FAD_REV instructions.
- Proceeds with CUPR of any non-matched invoices in the accounting system.
- Proceeds with the needed correction entries in the accounting system.
- Prepares and records the VAT entries in the accounting system and ensure the that all invoices have the required information.
- Ensures that all invoices received in ICRC, whose value is greater than the minimum threshold set for VAT exemption, are applied for.
- Prepares and records the VAT refund claim on monthly basis and follow up on the refund process.
- Follows up on all work-related messages and correspondence with the relevant contacts and departments
- Is aware of the delegation’s objectives and has a good knowledge of the Movement and other contacts relevant to the position
- Collects and shares information so as to improve the ICRC’s understanding of the environment and humanitarian trends and responses
- Represents the ICRC in an appropriate way during activities, in meetings and in the field, and avoids any activity that may reflect negatively on the ICRC’s imageTakes responsibility for their own professional learning and development