The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is a neutral and independent international humanitarian organization, which assists and protects victims of armed conflicts and other violent situations. The ICRC is currently looking for staff for its operations in Moldova.Relationships:
- Internally, interacts frequently with all staff members on administration-related matters.
- Externally, interacts with a network of contacts at local level (bank representatives, daily workers, travel agency, hotels, transport companies, etc.).
- Understands and adheres to the icrc code of conduct
- Respects and observes staff regulations and security rules at all times
- Develops and maintains a pleasant and conducive working environment with colleagues and line managers
- Performs all duties with the highest level of confidentiality in the interest of the employees and the icrc
- Reports issues and suggests improvements on finance and administrative matters to the direct supervisor.
- Follows up the premises lease contract’s negotiation, drafting and payments, inclusive of the parts of renovation to be negotiated with the landlord.
- Participates in the market survey for the search of new premises.
- Ensures that the premises in area of responsibility are well managed in-terms of cleanliness, monitoring the utilities and maintenance of the buildings.
- Ensures that equipment of premises is in accordance with icrc regulations and standard list (in terms of quality and quantity).
- Handles the small petty cash for the premises purchases and payments (electricity, garbage, gas and water bills).
- Assists in monthly premises update in the system (iris).
- Organises welcome and administrative briefings for newcomers and visitors.
- Participates in organizing pick-up and accommodation (hotel, apartment, house) for staff and guests.
- Organizes welcome files, business cards, briefing programmes and tours of the office for new arrivals.
- Organizes the welcome side of events/meetings/seminars, coordinating with the parties concerned.
- Prepares invoices for payment (by cash, check or bank transfer).
- Controls invoices prior to payments and pays them once properly validated by all required responsible staffs (sticker completed, signatures, etc.).
- Carries out daily cash count and reconciliation
- Assists the accountant in compiling, preparing and sending the monthly accounting documents.
- Validates financial commitments and expenses up to the thresholds set in the rules of financial management.
- By joining our organization, you will have an opportunity to practise your profession in stimulating, complex, and sometimes challenging environments, where your work can make a difference.
- You will work with colleagues from various fields of expertise in a cross-cutting manner to help victims of conflict and other situations of violence. You will be dealing with humanitarian situations that require experience, resourcefulness, and innovation to achieve the best possible impact.
- You will work for the oldest major international humanitarian organization in the world, adding to your sense of achievement in alleviating the suffering of people and communities and giving you the chance to promote humanitarian values in these turbulent times.
- You will benefit from a competitive employment package, including different possibilities for career and personal development. You will take part in an onboarding course and follow continuous training, to build your career within the ICRC and beyond.
- The competitive compensation package is a monthly salary with social security benefits.